F.D. Candelieri Landscape Management ~ Proudly Serving Norfolk & Plymouth Counties, MA
The unofficial start of summer is here. Do you wish you had an outdoor paradise to invite your friends and family over for a day full of backyard fun?
While you can’t have your backyard magically transformed in just two days, you can make a master landscape plan to transform it over time.
At F.D Candelieri Landscape Management, we’ll create an outdoor space that will make you want to stay home and have the summer party in your backyard. Here are 10 ways we can transform your backyard into a summer oasis:
- Add a pool and a spa. Today’s pools are designed to maximize fun. You can add a waterfall, slide, diving area and landscape lights to enjoy your swim area throughout the entire day and into the night. There are more than just circular or rectangular pool designs too. You can add a plunge or infinity pool; a spa area with a hot tub; and other features that take water fun to a whole new level.
- Add a play area. Kids love having their own space. You can add a rock wall, swing set and playing field all in one area. Sod and mulch provide safe landing areas. Your pets also need a play area too. Dogscaping is the hottest landscaping trend in 2016. Have a separate play area for Fido and his friends to romp around.
- Update your landscape design. Whether you’re a new homeowner or you’ve been in your home for 20 years or more, you may need a new landscape design. It may be time to add more flower beds, change part of the yard into a patio area, and update the plants that are overgrowing along the edges of your property.
- Wisely irrigate your lawn and landscapes. Today’s sprinkler systems are high tech and are designed to channel water to your lawn and landscapes—not to your driveway and street. Plus, smart technology allows you to control your timer and other parts of your system. If you have an older system, you can retrofit it with this new technology to save you money and conserve water at the same time.
- Add a patio or deck. While you may already have a deck or a patio, why not add another one? Homeowners are adding a second or third outdoor living space in different areas of their properties. You may want an outdoor breakfast nook in a quiet corner of your property or add a multi-level deck connecting your patio, pool and gardens together.
- Create outdoor rooms that mimic your indoor ones. Today’s trends include bringing the entire indoor space outdoors to enjoy from early spring to late fall/early winter. At F.D. Candelieri, we can design and build outdoor rooms specifically for cooking, dining, and relaxing.
- Add water features. Water features, such as waterfalls, water fountains, streams and ponds add soothing background noise as well as add dramatic effects and a focal point for your outdoor rooms.
- Don’t forget to add a covering. In order to enjoy your outdoor paradise all season long, you’ll want to add a cover over some of your rooms. Pergolas, awnings and roofs will protect you and your guests from the hot sun and the rain.
- Fix those crack flagstones. Is your retaining wall cracking or the base of your patio in need of repair? We can help you with all of masonry needs. Whether your hardscapes need repairs due to poor craftsmanship or age, we fix it for you.
- Add those accessories. Landscape design and construction is only one piece of the backyard puzzle. After we’ve finished our work and said goodbye, it’s time for you to add those accoutrements—outdoor rugs, throws, pillows, sofas, ottomans, dining room table and chairs, as well as fabric panels and potted plants to make your backyard rooms your very own.
If you’re looking for a full-service landscape company to transform your South Shore backyard this summer, call us at (781) 749-1197 or fill out our contact form.
We serve the following MA communities: Braintree, Cohasset, Duxbury, Halifax, Hanover, Hingham, Hull, Marshfield, Milton, Norwell, Rockland, Scituate and Weymouth.
Better Homes and Gardens.com, “Multilevel Decks,” slideshow.